We imagine you have heard about webinars before. Chances are you may have even participated in one or two in the past, but have you ever taken the time to consider how they might benefit your business, and what software you should use to host such events?
Webinars are an excellent way to draw the attention of your potential clients and give them a clear demonstration of your skill by instructing them on a corner of your industry. This can help you build leads and even charge a direct price for these services. Modern innovation has created all kinds of webinar tools to aid in this process, but which one can help you reach your specific business goals?
In this article, we will further explore some of the reasons behind why a webinar might benefit your business, and the best webinar software available today, so that you can select those aligning with your personal needs to improve your authority within your industry.
Benefits & Features of Webinar Software
Conducting traditional seminars was once a highly lucrative tactic to draw in interest to a brand and generate revenue. Unfortunately, they are becoming increasingly limiting to gather people in a physical location. Webinars, on the other hand, bring together people from across the world via their computers and mobile devices. The benefits of conducting webinars within your business are numerous, allowing you to:
- Interact directly with customers and those considering your services in real time
- Build quality lead databases from the contact information retrieved by attendees in order to enter the webinar
- Establish your business as a leading authority in your industry by demonstrating skill and expertise
- Create valuable content with the potential of being divided and repurposed across multiple online channels
There is also the greater control you have over this medium, rather than hosting a physical meeting. Self-paced, webinars can last for as long as you desire, giving time to participants to ask questions or dig deeper into your topic. Generally speaking, you should include a slide deck or presentation, but they don’t have to be fancy anymore —simple images and easy-to-read text will do just fine. And you don’t need to rent out a pricy event space or catering service to entice attendees – now it is all about the content. The focus should therefore be on having an effective platform when it comes to ensuring your marketing efforts are successful.
Choosing your Best Webinar Software
To determine which webinar software is best for your business, it’s crucial to have an idea of what you’re looking to achieve. Most webinar platforms offer similar services and features, so when choosing which one is right for you, there are two main factors you should consider: cost and functionality. If money isn’t a concern, you can pretty much choose whatever fits your needs best. However, if budget is a determining factor (as it often is) you might want to start with a free or inexpensive platform first until you are more familiar with the process.
The Most Popular Webinar Software in 2021
- Zoom: Off the back of COVID-19 sending the world into lockdown, Zoom has exploded in user count. This high adoption has created popularity and familiarity with a wide range of audiences with features such as being cloud-based, offering HD videos and audio, screen sharing capabilities, integration with external platforms (such as Google Calendar and Outlook), and desktop applications. Webinars can be recorded throughout a session for redistribution and accessed later.
- Webex: Also known as CiscoWebex, this is a well renowned option with a great deal of customisation options, high-definition video and audio features, as well as direct chat capabilities. Webex’s main advantage over the rest of the market is the ease created by the software being operated across multiple devices, leaving it ideal for larger companies.
- GoToWebinar: Part of the wider LogMeIn Group that also offer GoToMeeting, GoToRoom, and GoToConnect, this platform is an advanced, specially designed tool for webinar automation. Users can focus more on the quality and refinement of their content, paired nicely with high-converting registration pages, automated email reminders, and even customisable webinar invitations for existing contacts.
- WebinarNinja: A more user-friendly alternative, this platform is best for those looking to create a simple webinar at speed. It also has the benefit of allowing you to select live, pre-recorded or a hybrid of the two with your webinars. It also has many desirable features found on other platforms, such as a speedy live chat, email automation, and screen sharing.